Welcome to my blog on all things fitness and clean-eating! Follow me on my journey....

Stephanie Clark, 20, UK



Friday, 4 April 2014

My Weekly Shopping Food Haul!


I don't know about you, but I love seeing what people buy and eat on a weekly basis and that's why I wanted to do a food haul! I have just done a huuuuge online shop on Ocado- I love this site, they have so many weird and wonderful things you can buy and you can choose your delivery times which is perfect as I work full-time so have chosen a 9:30pm delivery!! They give you a detailed break down of everything you've ordered, I went a bit mental and my shop came to £120.... hopefully this will last me a couple of weeks though!!

Cupboard
  • 1 Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk £1.00
Almond milk is so yummy in smoothies and can be used when baking, I have it with protein shake, peanut butter and a banana in a blender- DELICIOUS!!! 
  • 1 Bioletti's Block Pinot Grigio 2012 £5.99
 Haha- OK this isn't exactly 'clean eating' everyone needs a glass of wine every once in a while though!!!!
  • 2 Bounce Almond Protein Hit £2.86
  • 1 Bounce Ball Spirulina Ginseng £1.43
  • 2 Bounce Coconut & Macadania £2.85
  • 2 Bounce Peanut Protein Blast £2.86
 I've never tried these but have heard fantastic things about them!! And they were on offer 7 for the price of 6! Will take them as an afternoon snack to work before the gym as they are said to give you lots of energy and have healthy fats and protein!! Will do a review when I have tried them!
  • 1 Cypressa Tahini £2.50
Tahini is again something I have never tried, it's a sesame seed paste which is high in protein- I have really wanted to try it for a while though! You can make falafels with tahini, definitely something I want to try! I will also add it to stir frys and even to chicken and veg to liven it up a bit!! You can do loads with it like spread it on wholemeal bread or mix it with honey!
  • 1 Meridian Crunchy Almond Butter 100% Nuts £2.79
  • 1 Meridian Crunchy Hazelnut Butter 100% Nuts £2.79
  • 1 Meridian Natural Peanut Butter Smooth No Salt £5.49
 Ok yes- I went mental on nut butters! But I go through them so fast so I try and stock up on them so I don't run out (I can't live without them!!!) Meridian is by far the best brand to go for- no added sugar, salt or palm oil, just 100% NUTS!!!
  • 1 Mixed Bean Salad essential Waitrose £1.07
I love a mixed bean salad- I use half a can as the bulk of my salads mixed with kale, rocket and spinach. Healthy carbs and protein- you can't go wrong!!
  • 1 Ocado Fairtrade Bananas £1.39
I usually have a banana as a mid-morning snack, I try not to eat too much fruit due to the high sugar content, however if I am at work I usually need a pick me up around 10:30 and a banana does the job! I have also recently discovered banana dipped in to nut butter and I have to say I am now ADDICTED!!
  • 1 Sweet Peppers Waitrose £1.59
I will usually throw peppers into a stir fry with chicken and greens for a yummy lunch to take to work!
  • 1 Twinings Blackcurrant & Vanilla Tea Bags £1.39
  • 1 Twinings Buttermint Sensation £2.49
  • 1 Twinings Camomile & Apple Herbal Tea Bags £1.39
  • 1 Twinings Fresh & Fruity Echinacea & Raspberry Tea Bags £1.39
  • 1 Twinings Soothing Camomile & Honey £1.39
Oops.... I couldn't decide which tea I wanted to try... so I ended up with 5 different ones! I am a recent herbal tea addict... when I get a craving for something sweet or get boredom hunger, I will often just have a cup of fruity tea to combat them! These all sounded so delicious!! A few have been recommended to me so maybe I will do a post of all my favourite teas!
  • 1 Whole Earth 3 Nut Butter £3.19
I have never seen this before- but it sounds divine...a bit pricey though maybe I should have looked at that before purchasing! Cashews, hazelnuts and peanuts all in one yummy jar! Whole earth is another peanut butter brand which contains no added sugar! However, they do add palm oil and salt which is something to be careful, I usually only choose this brand if they don't have meridian available!
  • 1 Wonderful Almonds Roasted & Salted £3.25
Almonds are becoming my ultimate favourite nut, closely followed by pistachios! I always try and keep nuts in the  cupboard as if I am going on a train journey or somewhere where I will be out all day, they are a really easy, healthy snack to nibble on and are full of healthy fats! 
  • 1 Yogi Tea Choco Organic £2.19
Ok I have never heard of this before but it looks amazing and I can't wait to try it! It's another tea....shock! The ingredients are cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and other scrumptious treats! There is no sugar or artificial ingredients however! I think these look great for a little treat- again, a review will follow! 

Fridge

  • 1 Chicken Breast Fillets essential Waitrose £9.74
I only recently started eating chicken having been a vegetarian for 11 years! I try and eat it about 3 times a week whilst following a vegetarian diet for the remaining days, however I find it to be such an easy way to get my main source of protein for lunches and dinners! I will usually have it with lots of veggies and, if I am training- a carb source such as sweet potato, quinoa or brown rice.
  • 1 Cucumber essential Waitrose £0.80
Part of my salad in the evening- cucumber is filling, full of vitamins to help you detox and digest! I sometimes have it dipped into hummus as well!
  • 1 Cup Mushrooms essential Waitrose £1.00
I love mushrooms I go through them suuuuuper fast! For breakfast with eggs and spinach or in stir frys!
  • 2 Curly Kale Waitrose £2.00
Kale is my wonder veg! I usually grill it and have it in my evening salad, however I really want to try making kale chips this week!
  • 2 Dragonfly Gluten Free Organic Mushroom & Garlic Burger £4.00
  • 1 Dragonfly Gluten Free Organic Tatty £2.00
  • 1 Dragonfly Gluten Free Organic Walnut & Almond Burgers £2.00
As I try not to eat chicken every night, I get my protein on the other days from veggie burgers, these organic ones sounded absolutely delicious! I've never heard of this brand before but am definitely up for giving them a try! Gluten-free too!!
  • 1 Houmous essential Waitrose £1.20
 I usually have houmous as a little treat on top of a salad or snack with some carrots or cucumber. It can be hard to stop eating it though, as it is so addicting!
  • 1 Little Gem Lettuce essential Waitrose £0.90
I don't usually buy lettuce as I find it so dull! However I am trying to bulk out my salads a bit more and therefore went for this little gem lettuce- this is also great if you put a little bit of houmous, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese inside- a little guilt free snack!
  • 2 Low Fat Natural Cottage Cheese 1.5% Fat essential Waitrose £2.30
Cottage cheese is yum in a sweet potato or with veg and chicken for lunch! It's so high in protein! It's also a big feature in my protein pancakes which I make at the weekend as a treat!
  • 1 Natoora Italian Green Courgettes £2.24
I'm trying to up the amount of 'green' in my diet and therefore courgettes are a major contender for a super healthy, super green addition!  
  • 1 Natural Greek Style Yoghurt essential Waitrose £1.20
I have greek yoghurt nearly every morning with honey and cinnamon- it gets me out of bed in the morning because I look forward to it so much!
  • 2 Ocado Baby Chestnut Mushrooms £1.69
Like I say- I'm big on mushrooms! They are so versatile and easy to cook!
  • 1 Ocado Cherry Tomatoes £1.80
 I love cherry tomatoes in either an omlette with spinach and mushrooms or in a yummy salad!
  • 4 Ocado French Goats Cheese £6.40 
  • 1 Ocado Greek Feta £1.60
I'm not sure if I could live without cheese, therefore when choosing my cheeses I try to go for the lowest calories/fat option, compared to hard cheeses- Goats Cheese & feta come up as some of the best cheeses. They are both also high in protein, and are so delicious!! It's worth these extra calories- I try not to have it every day- cheese is an occasional treat which I absolutely love!
  • 1 Taifun Organic Tofu With Basil £2.99
Tofu plays a big part in my diet as I have it in stirfrys on the nights when I don't eat chicken- it's a tasteless textured protein and you can cover it with garlic and herbs and mix it with veggies to get an instant high protein meal! This one from Taifun contains basil which is something I've never tried before but it looks delicious!
  • 1 Watercress Rocket & Spinach Salad Waitrose £1.89
  • 1 Wild Rocket Waitrose £1.99
And my final additions to the salad department! I eat rocket and spinach every day without fail- they are delicious and up my greens straight away!

Freezer

  • 1 Frozen Leaf Spinach essential Waitrose £1.40
I love frozen spinach- it's so easy to chuck into tomato sauces or to a stir fry!
  • 3 Frozen Mixed Grilled Vegetables essential Waitrose £7.47
This is my favourite frozen veg- cherry tomatoes, courgettes, aubergines, peppers and onions! If I'm being lazy and can't be bothered to make a lunch for work the next day, I throw these, some quorn and some brown rice in to a tuppleware!
  • 1 Frozen Sprouts essential Waitrose £1.00
  • 1 Frozen Whole Green Beans Waitrose £1.20
More greens!
  • 1 Quorn Chicken Pieces Frozen £3.00
  • 2 Quorn Swedish Style Balls Frozen £3.78
Quorn is something which I have eaten for years as a vegetarian- it's high in protein and is soooo easy to cook! I take it into work and microwave it, there is no chance of food poisoning unlike chicken, which means it's super quick and easy to reheat! The meatballs are so yummy! Personal fave!
  • 1 Wheyhey Chocolate Protein Ice Cream £6.50
I have never tried this but thought I would as a treat! It's quite pricey and therefore won't be something I buy every week. I will try and do a review on this too!
  • 2 Yutaka Frozen Shelled Edamame £3.50
 I have never seen this super food frozen before- and they were on offer so I thought I would try them! It's the only vegetable to contain all 8 amino acids. I will probably throw them in a salad with kale & rocket



That does seem like an awful lot- I do eat a lot!!!! This has also made me realise I have forgotten to order avocados which is making me want to cry! 

I hope you enjoyed my weekly food shop haul- does yours look similar?

Steph x
    

No comments:

Post a Comment